As the weather is getting warmer, smoothies are one of my favorite go to options! I always love new options aside from a simple fruit smoothie, and anything that packs protein is key! Also, when I’m making a breakfast smoothie, having a touch of coffee is always a plus. So this healthy coffee smoothie certainly hits the spot!
I tend to eat on the go lots these days as well, so having an option that’s car friendly is nice. Other easy options are always adding some protein powder to your regular fruit smoothies. I will usually grab a bag or two of mixed frozen fruits – a tropical and a berry – and add in some fresh fruits as well. peanut butter is another great go to with banana for a protein kick!
- 1 cup chilled brewed coffee
- 1 banana (cut into chunks)
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp honey or agave nectar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- handfull of ice cubes
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve & enjoy!
- Makes over a full glass, so have a way to store extra or split it with a friend!
Tell me, what are your favorite smoothies?