Breakfast is one of the most difficult meals for me. Mornings are always super busy, and crazy hectic getting myself ready and Emma ready (with about 500 bags between us it seems!) and out the door to go to daycare & work. Especially given that whole thing about me really not being a morning person. So a few weeks ago on Instagram stories (y’all seriously should follow along!), I asked y’all for some recommendations for easy breakfast options and SO many of y’all said egg muffins.
I love a good protein packed option to start the day off, and egg muffins are so easy to make ahead and then pop in the microwave right before heading out. So, we tried a few different ways and created this super simple recipe. Enjoy!
- 12 eggs
- 1 bell pepper (we used orange)
- about 12 tablespoons turkey sausage crumbles (or 4 sausage patties to crumble)
- about 6 tablespoons onion (white or yellow)
- about 12 tablespoons of shredded cheese (we used cheddar)
- Spray each muffin tin with an ample amount of PAM
- Fill each tin with about a teaspoon of sausage
- Fill each tin with about a teaspoon of bell pepper
- Fill each tin with about a 1/2 teaspoon of onion
- In a separate small cup, break an egg, then stir
- Pour the egg in the tin over other ingredients
- top with cheese & then stir all ingredients together
- Repeat the last 3 steps until all tins are complete
- Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes (may need to adjust depending on your oven) or until they have risen and are fluffy.
- To reheat in the morning, place two muffins on a plate and heat for 45-60 seconds. Easy and so tasty!